We are an artisan food company using locally sourced quality ingredients in our cooking and baking. We use natural ingredients, free-range eggs, real butter, and organic produce where possible.
For the Dough
|500g||White Bread Flour|
|7g||Easy Bake Yeast|
|1||Free Range Medium Egg|
|75g||Golden Caster Sugar|
|50g||Unsalted Butter (Diced)|
|125g||Unrefined light muscovado sugar|
|100g||Butter (unsalted) (soft, Plus extra for greasing|
|1 tbsp||Cinnamon (ground)|
|1 tsp||Vanilla extract|
- Bring the milk to the boil, then remove from the heat and add the butter. Leave to cool until it reaches hand temperature. Mix the flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a big bowl. Mix the milk and the beaten egg into the dry ingredients with a wooden spoon.
- KNEAD Tip onto a lightly flour-dusted surface and knead for 10 minutes (or use the dough hook attachment on your mixer).
- RISE Lightly grease the mixing bowl with some oil. Put the dough back in, cover the bowl with a clean tea towel, and leave to rise until doubled in size – up to 2 hours depending on how warm your kitchen is. Mash together the 100g soft butter, light soft brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.
- SHAPE Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C fan, gas mark 4). Knockback the dough by gently kneading just 5 times to get the air out. Roll into a 25 x 40cm rectangle and spread over the cinnamon butter. Roll up tightly from one of the long sides like a swiss roll, then cut into 12 even pinwheels slices. Put one, cut-side up, in each hole of a buttered 12-hole muffin tin (try to use a deeper muffin tin if available).
- PROVE Cover the dough again with a clean tea towel and leave to prove for just 5 minutes.
- BAKE Bake the rolls for 18-20 minutes until golden. Leave the buns to cool for 20 minutes in the tin, then lift onto a wire rack and eat warm or cool.
For the Dough
|135g||Unsalted Butter (Softened)|
|175g||Golden Caster Sugar|
|1 tsp||Vanilla Extract|
|1 tsp||Ground Cinnamon|
|250g||Self Raising Flour|
Preheat the oven to 170’c (150’c Fan) and Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin
In a large bowl or a stand mixer, cream together the butter and golden caster sugar on high speed until light and fluffy (around 3 minutes)
Add the eggs one at a time, whisking together between each addition. Add the bananas and vanilla extract to the bowl and combine.
- In a separate bowl, add the self-raising flour and ground cinnamon and gently stir together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet a little at a time and whisk very gently on a low speed until fully combined and no lumps remain.
If the mixture is a little thick, add a tablespoon of milk to loosen. Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and top with the third banana, sliced in half lengthways to decorate.
Bake in the preheated oven for around 1 hour or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
Once fully baked, remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then turn out to cool fully on a wire rack. Once fully cooled. Slice and Enjoy!
Bridge St, Abbeyquarter North, Sligo
+353 71 914 4617